Permit Specialist: Escondido, CA
Are you someone who enjoys working in the office, but also having the chance to get outside and meet others? Do you have a high attention to detail and ability to build rapport quickly? We’re looking for a permit specialist who will process, review, submit, and pick up solar permit packages. You’ll act as the key Baker representative interfacing with permitting agency checkers and multiple internal teams.
Baker Electric Solar is a leading solar energy installer in Southern California backed by over 75 years of electrical contracting experience. We've helped over 5,000 homes in Southern California achieve the unlimited power lifestyle. The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation. We deliver energy through people.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage the permit processing calendar and set permit appointments
- Drive to multiple permitting agencies to submit/pick up permit packages and plan check corrections
- Interface with Baker Electric Solar Sales, Design, and Project management teams
- Compile, review, and process permit packages
- Track the review process to ensure permits are issued in a timely fashion
- Address technical review questions
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Previous solar experience or solar education preferred
- NEC knowledge is a plus.
- Experience permitting and interfacing with municipality electrical/building and safety/fire plan checkers
- Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high-quality work in a fast paced work environment
- The ability to work constructively and effectively with permitting jurisdictions and internal teams
- Must have valid drivers license
Standard office environment. Individual will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally may have to lift boxes full of materials for purposes of setup of programs, typically 20 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.