Operations Manager: Escondido, CA
As the Operations Manager for Baker Electric’s Commercial and Utility Solar division you will lead and manage a team that will plan, execute, and manage multiple projects. You’d play an integral role in keeping us the #1 Solar Electrical Subcontractor in the Nation.
Join Baker Electric’s Commercial and Utility Solar team as their Operations Manager today!
Baker Electric has been in business since 1938 and is a fourth generation, full service electrical contractor. We have completed projects throughout Southern California and our project portfolio includes commercial, healthcare, public works, multi-family, utility and commercial scale solar, and service and controls. The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee the completion of the Commercial and Utility Solar Division’s construction in accordance with the Contract Documents and prevailing building codes, ensuring compliance with all contract documents
- Ensure all project-associated Baker Electric employees follow and understand our interpretation of the project’s specifications and contract documents
- Ensure that project management team has complete financial responsibility for their project’s labor, material, equipment and subcontract budgets are at a minimum achieved
- Become the “Company Expert” of all areas of the Project’s General and Special Conditions
- Review the project team’s change orders for accurate and supportable change request estimates as required by the Owner/Developer and negotiate the best possible pricing for Baker Electric
- Monitor job progress, assist in cost to complete estimates, and man-hour to complete estimates as needed
- Manage preconstruction activities required to commence on-site construction work once a contract has been executed. This includes but is not limited to; permit submittals, equipment procurement and utility/rebate paperwork.
- Participate in final contract negotiations and facilitate Project Developers with closing deals, when required.
- Ensure implementation of the P3 process, handoff meetings, and project 360 reviews
- Support the Sales and Estimating teams inside of the division as needed
- Support the division engineering manager and other member of the engineering group
- Work in Baker Electric’s HR software to provide personal reviews and hiring process
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree, such as Construction Management or Electrical B.S.E.E. Engineering Degree or graduation of I.B.E.W 569 Journeyman
- Minimum five years of experience in Electrical Construction Management, Estimating, Project Management
- Minimum five years of general knowledge of contract law and project accounting
- Three years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge in MS Office applications
- Knowledge of construction and project management software, such as, Accubid, Bluebeam, MS Project, required
We offer great benefits, career progression, and a culture full of family spirit – check out our Careers page for more information.
Standard office environment. Individual will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally may have to lift boxes full of materials for purposes of setup of programs, typically 20 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.