Are you someone intrigued by the construction and solar industry who is interested in being an instrumental part of the project management and permitting function of the #1 Solar Electrical Subcontractor in the Nation?
Join Baker Electric’s Commercial Solar team as a Project Engineer, Permit Specialist.
Baker Electric has been in business since 1938 and is a fourth generation, full service electrical contractor. We have completed projects throughout Southern California and our project portfolio includes commercial, healthcare, public works, multi-family, utility and commercial scale solar, and service and controls. The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support the Project Managers to ensure the team successfully completes projects, while having a special focus on the permitting process
- Assist in the formulation of project schedules based on estimated hours, electrical tasks, project milestones, resource leveling, Project Manager Guidelines and project criteria
- Provide internal Project Management / Engineering coordination on design build projects
- Assist in the review of project plans and specifications for completeness and accuracy as requested.
- Reviews all Requests for Information (RFIs) generated from Baker field personnel and check these to the project drawings and specifications
- Process field generated change orders
- Drive to multiple permitting agencies to submit/pick up permit packages
- Compile and process permit packages, schedule permit appointments, and track the review process to ensure permits are issued in a timely manger
- Support requests from Estimating and Sales team relative to permit and or site development questions
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Related Construction Management / Project Management Degree or 2 years of experience in Electrical Construction/Management
- 1 year experience managing a Project Engineer workload or equivalent experience as a Project Coordinator
- 1 year experience expediting and handling permits
- Knowledge in MS Office applications
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
We offer great benefits and a culture full of family spirit – check out our Careers Page for more information.
Standard office environment. Individual will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally may have to lift boxes full of materials for purposes of setup of programs, typically 20 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.