Solar Sales Consultant:Escondido, CA
Baker Electric is looking for a Commercial Solar Sales Consultant.
You’re the best B2B/commercial solar salesperson at your company and one of the best in the industry. You are a hunter yearning to work with a successful, ethical, organized, professional electrical and solar company that supports, appreciates, and rewards their salespeople.
We are a strong, seasoned and proven team that supports our sales team, gets systems designed, engineered and built properly, and has a long list of happy customers (yes, commercial customers, over 130 to date). We are one of the most well-respected commercial solar companies in Southern California with a proven track record of successfully completed commercial solar projects. We are #9 on the Solar Power World’s Top 500 Commercial Solar Contractors and hold the #1 spot as Solar Electrical Subcontractor in the Nation.
We support our sales team like no one else. Come join our Elite Sales Team!
- Our pricing is fair and competitive – we win work!
- Our reputation sells our customers – we don’t use high-pressure sales tactics.
- We have the resources and financial strength to deliver projects on-time & on-budget.
- We have 80 years‚ electrical contracting experience – no project is too difficult.
- We also sell and install battery storage and EV charging stations!
We offer base salary plus a commission and generous car allowance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self- generate leads to maintain a pipeline, supplemented by leads provided by the company.
- Perform cold calling, event attendance and networking to generate opportunities
- Generate a formal prospecting plan that will be reviewed and modified each year
- Understand finance models and select packages based on the client’s needs
- Evaluate finance packages customized for various client types including taxable and nontaxable entities
- Maintain the Customer Relations Management system (CRM) daily and accurately
- Use and understand proposal and utility analysis software
- Prepare accurate and intuitive proposals for customers
- Work with operations team to provide efficient and thorough transition from sale to installation
- Success will be measured with specific objectives, including sales quotas and activity review
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES:
- High School diploma and college degree
- 2 years outside commercial sales experience in the photovoltaic solar industry preferred
- 3 years of experience in Business-to-Business (B2B) sales experience, with commission structure
- Proven ability and history of qualifying and closing deals
- Experience with “consultative” selling and Experience selling projects valued over $250,000 is a plus
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience with Salesforce or similar system is a plus
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.