Baker Electric Solar is a leading solar energy installer in Southern California backed by over 75 years of electrical contracting experience. We've helped over 5,000 homes in Southern California achieve the unlimited power lifestyle. The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation. We deliver energy through people.
We’re actively looking for a Service Technician to join the Baker Electric Solar team. The Service Technician will play an essential part in ensuring our customers PV Systems and other energy systems perform at optimal levels through maintenance and repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, maintains and repairs residential solar and residential electrical equipment
- Determines general condition of all electrical equipment, troubleshoots electrical malfunctions and determine extent of necessary repairs.
- Works with and understands blueprints, electrical schematics and job specifications
- Determines and clearly identifies proper materials and material quantities for new and existing projects
- Communicates effectively to clients about issues, provides valuable solutions, and uses pricing guide to present options to the home owner
- Troubleshoot DC / String Wiring and repair/replace string inverters, micro-inverters
- Troubleshoot PV System performance issues and commission entire PV Systems
- Install and troubleshoot PV Monitoring / Metering systems
- Set up and administer PV Monitoring System web-based accounts
- Obtain required forensic photo documentation and use Solmetric SunEye for interpretation/documentation
- Be knowledgeable with NEC and OSHA codes
- Identify roof seal/flashing issues
- Access rooftop systems and proper usage of extension ladders
- Work with Service Foreman to determine which programs are appropriate for their personnel and the frequency of training sessions.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 3+ years of technical field experience with is required
- Valid CA Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Must have good computer skills in MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Acrobat, etc.).
- NABCEP Installer or Technician a plus
- Experience with Battery backup systems a plus.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.