Jr. Project Coordinator
Baker Electric Solar is a leading solar energy installer in Southern California backed by over 75 years of electrical contracting experience. We've helped over 5,000 homes in Southern California achieve the unlimited power lifestyle. The Baker Values that we hold true to our customers and employees are: Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Family Spirit, Ethics, and Innovation. We deliver energy through people.
We are looking for a Jr. Project Coordinator who will support Project Coordinators and Project Managers with coordinating data and paperwork to ensure successful completion of the project. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the operations department of a top solar and energy company in Southern California, join us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support projects by providing administrative and clerical support, completing special projects, and working with the entire project team.
- Ensure all Status and Date Fields in Salesforce are accurate and up to date on all assigned projects.
- Prepare Customer Site Survey folder for the Engineering Team and upload all documents to Electronic Job Folder and Box.
- Scan and Save approved permits and create Field Binder for installation.
- Organize final preparation of project permit submittals and submit NEM and RMA/GMA Applications to SDGE/SCE.
- Assist in creating any new files for new projects and facilitate the copying, scanning and saving of plans.
- Prepare and submit permit drawings and applications online to AHJ’s with online approvals.
- Be current and knowledgeable of projects and Project Manager Files to assist other departments as needed.
- Responsible for project close out binders. Facilitate the gathering, assembly, and completion of the binders to ensure they are prepared and ready at least 5 days prior to the “Closeout Appointment.”
- Purchase and track extended warranties through Solaredge and SMA for jobs requiring warranty.
- Perform overtime work as required and requested by supervisor to meet department and company needs.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Some college preferred. Minimum 2+ years of administrative experience with a small to medium sized contractor is required.
- Must have excellent computer skills in MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, etc.).
- Valid CA Driver’s License required.
Standard office environment. Individual will frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear. Occasionally may have to lift boxes full of materials for purposes of setup of programs, typically 20 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.