General Manager, HVAC Business Unit: Escondido, CA
We are in search of a Residential HVAC Business Unit Leader holding a C20 HVAC Contractor’s license to join our growing business. If you desire to build something from the ground up, consider this opportunity today! The Residential HVAC Business Unit Leader will lead the growth of a new company focus as well as serve as the company’s RME (Responsible Managing Employee). This individual will be customer centric and experienced leading a team that diagnoses, repairs, and replaces HVAC systems.
Baker Electric Solar, a leading Southern California solar and home battery provider is the area’s largest privately-owned renewable energy company built on over 79 years of electrical contracting excellence and managed by 4 generations of the Baker family. We have installed over 8,000 solar systems for homeowners in San Diego, Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties enabling them to achieve an unlimited energy lifestyle. We have a rock-solid “Customer First” business-ethic and take pride in delivering our exceptional services “The Baker Way”!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and develop the staff of 3-5 professional HVAC technicians, which includes hiring, terminating and disciplining of employees, scheduling employees, setting work priorities, conducting staff meetings, counseling employees, evaluating performance and directing work assignments to ensure effective use of resources and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates work load and schedules work in a way that best utilizes manpower and maximizes profits.
- Assist the dispatching operation to ensure appropriate technician selection for type of service.
- Resolves customer issues and complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that materials and equipment are ordered and dispensed for scheduled jobs.
- Generates reports and measures of business unit operations as well as records all inventory, tools and vehicles and reviews reports with management.
- Instructs technicians and installers on proper use of materials and quality workmanship.
- Reviews payroll records to ensure that technicians are paid properly.
- Maintain ongoing training of HVAC department employees.
- Full financial responsibility for operations.
- Customer escalation issues/satisfaction.
- Ensure company goals are met monthly.
- Delivery of goals and metrics for assigned group.
- Ensure all process and procedures are followed.
- Identify and communicate where improvements can be utilized.
- Quality assurance on all work performed for our customers.
- Ensures that employees have proper tools for the job and that they are properly maintained.
- Evaluates staff to determine training requirements. Provides on-the-job training and support to employees.
- Observes all safety and Company rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Run service and maintenance calls when work load requires.
- Stays current with technology in order to make sound recommendations and proposed upgrades.
- Understands budgets and has the ability to drive past department capacity while controlling labor and material costs.
- Ensures duties are performed in a fiscally responsible manner while observing all safety practices and regulations.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- 10+ years of electrical/HVAC field experience or equivalent combined years of professional field work and HVAC service training
- 3+ years of residential experience in identifying, performing, and cross-selling HVAC Service, Repair, and Replace
- Customer service oriented
- Technician skilled with operational mentality and business savvy
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Salary: Market rate plus benefits.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.