Pool Solar Thermal Foreman: Escondido, CA
Our reputable, entrepreneurial and innovative company is expanding our home energy reach and now looking for a Pool Solar Thermal Foreman to join the team. The Pool Solar Thermal Foreman will be responsible for leading, managing and performing Baker Electric Solar’s Solar Pool Thermal design and installation processes.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of demonstrated experience installing, maintaining and servicing pool solar thermal systems and equipment, as, well as, knowledge of building materials and swimming pool electrical code requirements (NEW 680).
Baker Electric Solar, a leading Southern California solar and home battery provider is the area’s largest privately-owned renewable energy company built on over 79 years of electrical contracting excellence and managed by 4 generations of the Baker family. We have installed over 7,000 solar systems for homeowners in San Diego, Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties enabling them to achieve an unlimited energy lifestyle. We have a rock-solid “Customer First” business-ethic and take pride in delivering our exceptional services “The Baker Way”!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Consult with Sales team and Client to evaluate and advise on appropriate Solar Thermal product(s) recommended to achieve the companies desired results.
- Lead, manage, and perform the design and installation process of Baker Electric Solar’s Pool Solar Thermal business line.
- Design and layout preferred solar thermal equipment and manage required permitting process.
- Install solar thermal collector mounting devices on tile, asphalt shingle, or built-up gravel roofs using approved material and mounting techniques.
- Install plastic/PVC pipes, fittings and related plumbing equipment.
- Install required electrical/control equipment/wiring/piping.
- Apply ultraviolet radiation protective coatings.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair of new/existing thermal pool systems to return systems to maximum performance.
- Consult with homeowners on proper operation and maintenance of thermal systems.
- Install monitoring system components, such as, flow meters and temperature gauges according to design and manufacturer specifications.
In the first 30, 60, 90 days you’ll be expected to:
- First 30: Evaluate and develop relationships with appropriate vendors and demonstrate authority as the Pool Solar Thermal Subject Matter Expert
- First 60: Identify ancillary products or services to enhance the customer experience
- First 90: Establish and document Standard Operating Procedures
TO BE SUCCESSFUL – EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred (Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, etc.)
- NABCEP “North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners” a plus
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the Solar Thermal field required
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and manage/lead the solar thermal design and installation process.
- 3-5 years of experience directly leading a team of Solar Thermal Installers.
- Proficiency in MS Office: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Exude key competencies, such as, attention to detail, client focus, initiative, project management, and work ethics.
Salary: Market rate.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.