Sales Administrator: Escondido, CA
The Sales Administrator will be an integral part of the sales team, providing administrative support to individuals within the department. This includes assisting with the submission of jobs (data entry and accuracy validation, correcting / updating as necessary), scheduling site surveys with clients, management of sales materials, generating reports, summarizing data, project management, updating portals, training logs, event support, some writing and editing, knowledge of Salesforce etc. The ability to communicate well internally and with the customers is essential – as is the need to work independently within a team environment. A technical background is not required, but an ability to quickly master basic technical concepts is a must.
Baker Electric Solar, a leading Southern California solar and home battery provider is the area’s largest privately-owned renewable energy company built on over 79 years of electrical contracting excellence and managed by 4 generations of the Baker family. We have installed over 7,000 solar systems for homeowners in San Diego, Riverside, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties enabling them to achieve an unlimited energy lifestyle. We have a rock-solid “Customer First” business-ethic and take pride in delivering our exceptional services “The Baker Way”!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Perform data entry and validate accurate information to create all Job submissions.
- Answer incoming calls as part of a phone rotation
- Greet, assist, and direct walk in customers and vendors in a friendly, professional manner
- Collaborate with the operations team regarding job submission and the site survey scheduling
- Administer, run and summarize reports for sales from our CRM system, Salesforce.com, in preparation for sales meetings, management meetings and as specified.
- Support Sales Managers with initiatives such as analyzing Salesforce.com stages; opportunity follow up and more.
- Support marketing initiatives within the sales team, such as, scheduling events, scrubbing databases, and communicating initiatives.
- Assist the sales team with setting up email templates to communicate with customers.
- Assist with customer follow up and calendar management as required.
- Manage the sales presentation materials within a central depository.
- Assist with the administration and tracking of the promotional programs.
- Maintain Third party originator Database, pricing, and agreements.
- Maintain finance portal databases from a sales perspective, managing access and upgrades within these portals (SunRun, SunLight, Dividend)
- Maintain current SOPs and create new versions as needed, with the support of the relevant subject expert.
- Check and submit invoices from marketing groups such as POWUR.
- Other administrative tasks and assistance with special projects as needed.
In the first 30, 60, 90 days you’ll be expected to:
- Quickly and accurately build and submit jobs from beginning till end.
- Answer incoming calls as part of phone rotation, greet customers and vendors.
- Proficiently liaise with the operations team regarding job submission and the site survey scheduling.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Motivation to consistently exceed expectations
- Professional phone etiquette with a confident, friendly voice
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software products – especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com preferred but not required
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work effectively within a fast-paced environment.
- Writing and editing experience a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools and comfort with social media preferred.
Salary range: $17-21/hr
Benefits: Medical/Denta/Vision, PTO, 401k match, flexible environment
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.