General Manager, HVAC Business Unit: Escondido, CA
Are you an experienced residential HVAC leader whose desire is to play an intricate role in building something from the ground up?
We have a great foundation and are now looking for a General Manager that will lead the growth of our new HVAC Business Unit. We are looking for a General Manager that is customer-centric and experienced in leading a team that diagnoses, repairs, and replaces HVAC systems. Also, this individual will need to be skilled in HVAC operations management, business planning, analytical skills and be able to express their experience in building business units.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage and develop the staff of 3-5 professional HVAC technicians, which includes hiring, terminating and disciplining of employees, scheduling employees, setting work priorities, conducting staff meetings, counseling employees, evaluating performance and directing work assignments to ensure effective use of resources and customer satisfaction.
- Evaluates work load and schedules work in a way that best utilizes manpower and maximizes profits.
- Assist the dispatching operation to ensure appropriate technician selection for type of service.
- Resolves customer issues and complaints to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that materials and equipment are ordered and dispensed for scheduled jobs.
- Generates reports and measures of business unit operations as well as records all inventory, tools and vehicles and reviews reports with management.
- Instructs technicians and installers on proper use of materials and quality workmanship.
- Reviews payroll records to ensure that technicians are paid properly.
- Maintain ongoing training of HVAC department employees.
- Full financial responsibility for operations.
- Customer escalation issues/satisfaction.
- Ensure company goals are met monthly.
- Delivery of goals and metrics for assigned group.
- Ensure all process and procedures are followed.
- Identify and communicate where improvements can be utilized.
- Quality assurance on all work performed for our customers.
- Ensures that employees have proper tools for the job and that they are properly maintained.
- Evaluates staff to determine training requirements. Provides on-the-job training and support to employees.
- Observes all safety and Company rules and regulations in the performance of duties.
- Run service and maintenance calls when work load requires.
- Stays current with technology in order to make sound recommendations and proposed upgrades.
- Understands budgets and has the ability to drive past department capacity while controlling labor and material costs.
- Ensures duties are performed in a fiscally responsible manner while observing all safety practices and regulations.
EDUCATION, SKILL, EXPERIENCE TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- 5+ years of residential experience in identifying, performing, and cross-selling HVAC Service, Repair, and Replace
- 10+ years of electrical/HVAC field experience or equivalent combined years of professional field work and HVAC service training
- 3+ years managing a team of 3+ direct reports
- Customer service oriented
- Operational mentality and business savvy
- Proven ability to workforce plan and educated/train a team of sales representatives, call center representatives, and installers on HVAC
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Salary: Market rate plus benefits.
Baker Electric Home Energy (formerly Baker Electric Solar) provides integrated solutions to generate, manage and optimize the use of energy through solar + home batteries, smart home solutions and advanced
heating and A/C. Built on 80 years of electrical contracting expertise, Baker has designed, engineered and installed over 8500 solar systems throughout Southern California.
Baker Electric, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran, political affiliation or belief. Baker Electric, Inc. is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive environment.